Parks & Recreation is proud to offer a full range of Aquatic facilities and programs. Whether it’s swim lessons, water aerobics classes, lap swimming or recreational swimming for families, we have it at Falling Springs Center!
Check the bar to the left for pool hours, closings and other important updates, quick links to Water Aerobics and Lap Lane Schedules and more!
If you are looking for an Aquatics related program and don’t see it here, be sure to try the Programs tab on the navigation bar at the top of the page.
The Falling Springs aquatic facilities are supervised at all times by American Red Cross Certified Lifeguards. Men’s, women’s & family locker rooms are located on the indoor pool deck.
Both the indoor and outdoor pools can be rented for pool parties for birthdays, organizations, businesses, teams and more! Visit the Rentals page for details!
- Kept at 90°
- Utilized for water therapy classes and instructor led swim lessons.
- Open to ages 16 & up only (unless part of an official instructor swim lessons class)
- Ideal for physical therapy, stretching, those with arthritis or relaxing.
- (Please note that this is NOT a hot tub due to temperature requirements. Water cannot be more than 90°)
- 2 large water slides (Must be 42″ tall to ride.)
- Mushroom waterfall
- Lazy river with floats
- Play features with small slide, tire swing and more for younger children
- Deck chairs and lounges around the deck (guests are permitted to bring their own chairs)
- Concessions stand
- Men’s & women’s restrooms located on the deck
- Water fountain
MEET OLLIE THE OTTER!
Have you met Ollie yet? If not, keep an eye out for him! Ollie the Otter is the Falling Springs Swim Academy Mascot and you never know when or where he’ll pop up! You might see him at a school, making sure kids know about water safety and how much fun swimming can be, or you you might see him pop in at swim lessons to hand out certificates and prizes to the participants! He could turn up ANYWHERE, making appearances at various activities and programs both at Falling Springs and other locations throughout the year! He can also attend your child’s birthday party at Falling Springs if you like! If you’d like Ollie to visit your school or book him for your pool party, please contact Tefany Bleuel at 859.873.5948.
WATER FITNESS CLASSES
All passes and paid admission to Falling Springs Center include access to our drop in Water Fitness classes, so you’ll want to try them all! We have a variety of shallow and deep water classes as well as Arthritis Therapy & Aqua Zumba© classes! All told, we offer nearly 20 Water Fitness classes each week and they are ALL included with admission to the Center! Check the sidebar on the left or the middle box at the bottom of any page to view a Water Fitness Class Schedule or Lap Lane Schedule!
PROGRAMS & EDUCATIONAL CLASSES
Parks & Recreation offers a variety of water specific training courses and programs throughout the year, including Lifeguard Certification & ISR Swim Lessons. Please click a button below to view details.
WILDCAT MASTERS SPRING MEET:
- Date: April 15
- Time: Meet Begins at 8:00am
- $40 for entries prior to meet day (Click Here to register online)
- $45 for entries on day of the meet (deck entries accepted until 1:30pm)
- Deadline: Online Registration will close April 14th.
- Eligibility: All swimmers must be registered with United States Masters Swimming Inc. All swimmers are responsible for their USMS cards and may be required to show them upon request by officials in order to compete in the meet. All meet entry forms must be accompanied by a copy of the swimmer’s current USMS registration card. All swimmers must be USMS-registered before warm-up starts on April 15, 2023. Each swimmer is eligible to swim a maximum of six individual events for the meet, plus relays.
MASTER SWIMMER PROGRAM INFORMATION:
Falling Springs Center is a satellite provider of the Wildcat Masters Swim program an offers coached swimming opportunities for people 18 years and older. Members must be registered with U.S. Masters Swimming and have registered for a Masters Swim Pass to Falling Springs Center to participate. As a Masters swimmer you may access the facility during coached practice times only unless you also have a Falling Springs Center membership.
The Masters program offers an excellent opportunity to make friends while you get in a great workout, refine your swimming skills, prepare for the local open water competition, train for a triathlon, or prepare for USMS Nationals. The best thing about Masters is, it’s whatever you want it to be!! Coverage with USMS liability insurance is only during scheduled Coached Masters Practices.
Wildcat Masters is coached by Zac Byrd. Zac is a Lexington KY native that swam competitively for 11 years at his club team, Wildcat Aquatics. He also participated in water polo at the University of Kentucky for two years as well as creating and coaching the Wildcat Triathlon team at the University of Kentucky for four years.
Susan Bradley-Cox is the head coach of the Wildcat Masters Team, where she’s been coaching for 19 years. She competes on the international level in triathlon and is a national Masters swimming champion. She can answer any questions regarding the overall Wildcat Masters Swim organization and Masters Swimming in general.
Susan can be reached at email@example.com.
COACHED WORKOUT TIMES
At Falling Springs Center:
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday: 6:15 AM-7:15 AM
- Sunday: 10 AM-Noon
All participants must be members of United States Masters Swimming. Make check out to Kentucky Masters Swimming and send along with signed registration form to Kentucky registrar Susan Ehringer (address is on the form). You may also register online!
In order to attend practices at Falling Springs Center, individuals are required to register for a Falling Springs Masters Swim Pass.
Fees are as follows:
- Falling Springs Members: $35/month
- Non-Members: $45/month
- Payment is drafted monthly by bank draft or credit card
- Masters Swim passes can be purchased online 24 hours a day at https://webtrac.vwcparksrec.com or in the Office at Falling Springs Center.
Falling Springs Office Hours are:
- Mon-Thu: 9 AM – 6 PM
- Fridays: 9 AM – 5 PM
If you have additional questions about the Falling Springs Masters Swim program, please contact Fitness/Aquatics Manager Tefany Bleuel at 859.873.5948 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification course provides prospective lifeguards with the skills & knowledge necessary to keep patrons of aquatic facilities safe in & around the water. Participants will learn how to prevent, recognize & respond to an emergency. Course includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer & AED certification & First Aid training valid for 2 yrs. Course Fee Includes Materials, pocket mask & certification cards fees. Minimum 4 students required for a class to proceed.
UPCOMING COURSE INFORMATION:
- COURSE MEETING DATES: April 3-7
- TIMES: 8am-4pm
- NEW RATE OF PAY= $11/HR
- *Fee can be waived with a signed contract of commitment of work for Falling Springs.
- Participants must be 15 years old by the last day of the course. Junior Lifeguards must be 14 by last day of the course. (Junior lifeguards must make appointment with Tefany at email@example.com prior to enrolling in class).
**REQUIREMENTS FOR FREE COURSE*
- Those who take and pass the course must agree to a 6 month contract to work at Falling Springs Center for a minimum of 15 hours per week (extra-curricular activities will be taken into consideration).
- Complete a course prerequisite evaluation prior to class starting on September 9. Course prerequisites include:
- Swim 300 yds (100 yds front crawl, 100 yds breaststroke & 100 yds of either front Crawl or breaststroke)
- Swim 20 yds, surface dive, retrieve a ten pound brick from the bottom of the pool & swim back 20 yds within the allotted time.
- Two minutes treading water without assistance of arms
- Sign -up for the prerequisite evaluation by calling the Aquatics office at 859.214.4816 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register at our online at https://webtrac.vwcparksrec.com. Click HERE for instructions or you may complete an Activity Registration Form and return it with payment to the Parks & Recreation Department. Contact the main office if you need you have questions or need assistance with registering online.
For more information, please contact Tefany Bleuel at (859) 873-5948 or by EMAIL.
Click HERE to learn about the Falling Springs Swim Academy and view swim lessons schedules and descriptions.
The Versailles-Woodford County Parks & Recreation Department’s Adaptive Swim Lessons Program is offered to any child or adult with special needs. The goal of this program is to provide our students with a structured aquatic experience designed to make them feel comfortable and safe while swimming.
The program is designed to serve all ability levels by incorporating a “Learn-to-Swim” progression for individuals with physical, neurological, developmental and cognitive impairments. Participants are taught swim skills, water safety and independence.
For details, download the Adaptive Aquatics Brochure.
To get started in the Adaptive Aquatics program, please contact the Tefany Bleuel, Aquatics Manager at (859) 873-5948 and set up a time to pick up an information packet.
Parks & Recreation is excited to be an official location for Infant Swimming Resource (ISR) classes!
The ISR program is for children 6 months to 6 years of age.
Lessons for a 6-12 month olds focus on teaching the child to roll onto his or her back to float, rest and breathe and to be able to maintain this life-saving position until help arrives.
Lessons for children 1-6 years old focus on teaching the swim-float-swim survival sequence. Children learn to swim with their head down; roll onto their back to float, rest, and breathe; and roll back over to resume swimming until they reach the side of the pool, where they can either crawl out or until they can be rescued.
Statics indicate that 86% of children who fall into water are fully clothed. Therefore, once the children are fully skilled they will practice their ISR skills fully clothed.
This is NOT swim lessons and is not a Parks & Recreation program. If you are interested in finding out more about ISR or to schedule a class, please contact one of the following instructors directly:
Christie McGlone, RN email@example.com http://cmcglone.infantswim.com/instructor/about.php
Ashely Turner firstname.lastname@example.org 859.699.9078
Lessons are every weekday for 10 minutes or less. All lessons are one child per one instructor. For more information visit www.infantswim.com or find search Isrchristiemcglone on Facebook.
For general questions, please contact Tefany Bleuel at (859) 873-5948 or by email.
You never know when an emergency will arise. Maybe it will be someone you know, maybe it’s a stranger, but when that time comes, will you know what to do?
Parks & Recreation is equipped to offer a variety of Safety Courses to meet the needs of our community, including coaches, teachers, parents, babysitters businesses and more!. Contact Tefany Bleuel with questions or for more information about setting up a class!
- First Aid / CPR / AED
- Coaches’ Safety Training
- Wilderness First Aid
Parks & Recreation offers personal training & private lessons at Falling Springs Center, including private swim lessons, personal aquatic coaching, basketball instruction and tennis lessons. Click here for a Private Lessons Brochure.
Click here for a Personal Training Brochure. To start the process of scheduling and paying for personal training sessions, please click Trainer Request Form for a printable form or click HERE to complete the form online.