JOIN THE INDOOR IRONMAN CHALLENGE!
MAKE YOUR COMEBACK TO FITNESS TODAY!
Join the Indoor Ironman fitness challenge and go into the holidays feeling great! Participants will challenge themselves to complete the equivalent of an Ironman Triathlon in 30 days and all indoors at Falling Springs Center. Race legs include:
- Swim – 2.4 miles (79 laps) OR Row (65 Minutes)
- Bike – 112 miles (in the group cycle room or in the fitness center)
- Run/Walk – 26.2 miles (on the track or on a treadmill)
- The challenge must be completed in 30 days (November 16 through December 17).
- Cost to enter is $15
- Those who complete the challenge receive a long-sleeve tech shirt!
- There is no deadline! Register anytime, but you still have to finish by December 17.
- Challenge rules & log sheets are available in the Fitness Room at Falling Springs Center.
We all know the benefits of being physically fit and we all know we should work out! Whether you prefer to workout alone or in with a group, lift weights or run on a treadmill, Falling Springs has something for you!
Click the buttons below to see our rules, what equipment we offer, fitness class information and much more!
- Treadmills: 7 (2 Matrix, 2 Tru, 2 Cybex)
- Ellipticals: 5 (3 Tru, 1 Matrix, 1 Life Fitness)
- Recumbent Bikes: (2 Cybex, 1 Vision)
- Upright Bikes: (1 LeMond Spin, 1 Matrix, 1 Cybex)
- Sci-Fit Rex – 2
- Octane Lateral Trainer
- Star Trac Tread Climber
- Step-Mill – 2
- Rower – 2
- Arc Trainer
- Octane Fitness Zero Runner
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Assault Bike – 1
- Cross-Rower – 1
Selectorized weights are weight machines that have one or more weight stacks (rectangular weight plates that are attached to the frame and utilize a system of pulleys). Users isert a pin into the desired weight point and all the weights above the inserted pin will be lifted. Adjusting weights on a selectorized machine is extremely simple and only takes a matter of seconds.
- Matrix – Shoulder Press
- Matrix – Chest Press
- Matrix – Back Extension
- Matrix – Ab Crunch
- Matrix – Seated Row
- Matrix – Rotary Hip (Abductors, Adductors, Glutes & Hip Flexors)
- Life Fitness Leg Extension
- Life Fitness – Lying Leg Curl
- Life Fitness – Chest Fly/Rear Deltoid
- Life Fitness – Cable Cross-over
- Cybex – Assisted Dip/Pull-Up
- Hoist – Lat Pull Down
- Hoist – Low Row
- Hoist – High Pulley
- Hoist – Tricep Pull Down
- Vectra Machine
- Full set of rubber dumbbells (2 lbs – 90 lbs)
- Adjustable Flat Benches – 3
- Regular Flat Bench -1
- Flat Bench Press – 2
- Incline Bench Press Unit
- Decline Bench Press Unit
- Smith Machine
- Squat Rack
- Leg Press
- Preacher Curl
- Nautilus Lever Row
- Nautilus Seated Calf Raise
- Seated Calf Raise
- Power Plate
- Roman Chair
- Jump ropes
- Exercise balls
- Medicine balls
- Bosu balls
- Foam Rollers
- Nautilus Back Extension
Research shows that the healthy actions of others rub off on us. A study published in the Journal of Social Sciences found that participants gravitate towards the exercise behaviors of those around them. And a 2016 study published in the journal Obesity found that overweight people tend to lose more weight if they spend time with their fit friends — the more time they spend together, the more weight they lose.
That’s why we have HUGE range of Group Fitness classes, meaning you’re sure to find something you love, which is possibly the biggest key to sticking with any fitness routine! Whether it’s TRX, Barre, Core de Force, Group Cycling, Yoga, Bootcamp or Zumba, we have something that you’re sure to love! And those are just a few of the classes we offer! Click the link on the sidebar to the left or at the bottom of the page for a schedule of classes and descriptions.
ALL classes are included with memberships, visit cards and paid daily admission, but classes are limited in size. Be sure to get here early to get a spot!
GROUP CYCLING ROOM FACTS:
- Our group cycling classes are held in the spin room, located upstairs above the fitness room.
- Room is accessible by stairs and by an elevator.
- Includes 18 StarTrac bikes and access to hand-weights and mats for cross-cycling workouts.
- 6 classes cycling related classes are offered each week.
- When a class isn’t using the bikes, they are open to to fitness room users too!
Ever wondered about hiring a Personal Trainer? Is it worth the cost? There are are actually a lot of reasons why working with a Personal Trainer can be beneficial as you work to reach your fitness or weight loss goals. Regardless of your age or experience level, a trainer can help you see better, faster results and help you live a healthier lifestyle.
HOW CAN A PERSONAL TRAINER HELP YOU?
1. FASTER AND BETTER RESULTS
A personal trainer can create a workout plan that will ensure you are spending time on the proper types of exercises based on your goals. If you only have a limited amount of time to work out, a personal trainer will make sure you get the best results possible for the amount of time that you put it.
2. PROPER FAT LOSS AND MUSCLE GAIN
Most people have multiple goals when working out, the most common being fat loss and muscle gain. A personal trainer can help you find the right exercises balance these goals so you can achieve them!
3. REDUCED CHANCE OF INJURY
This one cannot be overstated! Too many people think they know the proper way to perform an exercise or skill but in truth they have poor form and technique, which is a recipe for a fitness disaster. A personal trainer will teach you the proper form and technique so you can stay safe and injury-free.
4. ESTABLISHES A LIFETIME EXERCISE HABIT
Trainers are able to help you find ways to make exercise fun and enjoyable. If you see the benefits and you enjoy it, you’re more likely stick with it, leading to a lifetime of health and fitness. They can help you overcome obstacles that might prevent you from exercising, and help you set many small, achievable goals.
5. OVERCOME PLATEAUS
When you hit a plateau in your exercise routine, it can be frustrating to stay motivated. A personal trainer can help you avoid plateaus and if you do hit one, help you find ways to break through it and continue to see results.
Falling Springs has several amazing Personal Trainers who can help you reach your goals! To start the process of scheduling and paying for personal training sessions, please click Personal Trainer Request Form for a printable form or click HERE to complete the form online. Or contact Fitness Manager Tefany Bleuel with questions! Click here for a Personal Training Brochure.
Personal Training Rates:
- 1 Session: $35
- 5 Sessions: $160
- 10 Sessions: $295
- 1 Session: $50
- 5 Sessions: $225
- 10 Sessions: $425
Have you been training with a Falling Springs Personal Trainer and just want to add visits? You can do so during business hours by calling the office at 859.873.5948 or you can do so online HERE.