17th Annual Heart & Sole Triathlon
This USA Triathlon sanctioned event is set for April 18, 2020 and is open to ages 15 & up (age is based on the participants age on December 31, 2020). This Sprint Triathlon consists of a 400-yd swim in the Falling Springs Center indoor pool, a 15-mile bike ride through Bluegrass horse farms & historic Versailles and finishes with a 5K run on one of the most challenging cross-country courses in the state.
This event is great for first time triathletes as well as those who are experienced and are preparing for the race season.
Volunteers are needed! If you’d like to volunteer for the race, please contact Tefany. If you have questions about the race, please contact Rainey. You can also reach Rainey & Tefany by phone at (859) 873-5948.
Online registration is now open, a race brochure will be posted the week of January 20.
Versailles is located in Central Kentucky, just 10 miles west of Lexington, 60 miles east of Louisville, 100 miles south of Cincinnati & 180 miles north of Knoxville.
This USAT event is for all ages & skill levels, including first time racers. Rolling hills & scenic horse farms make the Heart & Sole Triathlon a beautiful backdrop for both competitors & spectators alike.
- The course consists of:
- 400 Yard Swim – indoors in Falling Springs Center’s 82° pool.
- 15-Mile Bike – through the heart of Bluegrass horse farms and historic downtown Versailles.
- Cross-Country 5K Run—through Woodford County Park on one of the most challenging cross-country courses in KY.
There will be aid stations with water at the transition area & one station on the run course (no aid stations on the bike course).
USAT SANCTIONED EVENT
USA Triathlon (USAT) is the national governing body for triathlons. USAT-sanctioning allows USAT members to accumulate points towards national rankings. You do not have to be a USAT member to compete. Registration fees include a one-day license for non-members ($10). Visit www.usatriathlon.org for more info.
NOTE: SHIRTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED FOR REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED AFTER APRIL 12. EXTRA SHIRTS WILL BE ORDERED & DISTRIBUTED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS TO THOSE REGISTERED AFTER 4/12/19.
- Registration accepted by:
- Online until 11:59 PM on April 14
- In person at Falling Springs Center
- Registrations accepted race day til 7:30 AM
- Registration is limited to 250 participants
- No relay teams
Friday, April 17 – 9 AM to 5 PM at
Falling Springs Center
275 Beasley Drive
Versailles, KY 40383
Race Day, April 18 – 6:15-7:30 AM at Falling Springs Center
GENERAL RACE INFORMATION
- The swim will be seeded prior to race day, so please list your swim time as accurately as possible when you register.
- (Race day registrants will be placed at the back of the swim.)
- Pre-race instructions at 7:45 AM in the transition area.
- Race begins promptly at 8 AM, weather permitting.
- Helmets are required on the bike course
- Race is chip timed by Headfirst Performance
- Minimum age is 15 years old by December 31, 2020
- We will monitor race morning weather forecasts leading up to race day and will, in the interst of safety, reverse the race order or alter the course as needed based on temperature, winds, rain, etc.
- Awards will be presented in the gym at Falling Springs Center after the race, so plan to stick around.
- We will have plenty to eat as well as door prizes while you wait.
- Awards will be presented to the top three overall male & female finishers & top male & female winner in each age group (5 year increments from ages 15-19 through 70+).
Volunteers are always needed! Anyone wishing to help should contact Tefany at 859.873.5948 or email@example.com.
Your payment will be returned if it is received after the event fills. Refunds are not given for injuries, illness, schedule conflicts, inclement weather, etc. after April 12, 2020. Versailles-Woodford Co. Parks & Recreation reserves the right to cancel or alter the race for safety reasons due to inclement weather, course conditions or other unforeseen circumstances. No refunds will be issued in these cases. Bib numbers are not transferable.
Race Entry Fees (Tax not included):
- By March 31: $60/USAT Members, $75/non-members
- April 1-17: $70/USAT Members, $85/non-members
- Race Day: $80/USAT Members, $95/non-members