2023 HEART & SOLE TRIATHLON REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!
This USA Triathlon sanctioned event is set for May 13, 2023 and is open to ages 15 & up (age is based on the participants age on December 31, 2023). This Sprint Triathlon consists of a 400-yd swim in the Falling Springs Center indoor pool, a 15-mile bike ride through Bluegrass horse farms & historic Versailles and finishes with a 5K run on one of the most challenging cross-country courses in the state.
This event is great for first time triathletes as well as those who are experienced and are preparing for the race season.
Volunteers are needed! If you’d like to volunteer for the race, please contact Tefany. If you have questions about the race, please contact Aaron. You can also reach Aaron & Tefany by phone at (859) 873-5948.
Online registration closed May 9!
Versailles is located in Central Kentucky, just 10 miles west of Lexington, 60 miles east of Louisville, 100 miles south of Cincinnati & 180 miles north of Knoxville.
This USAT event is for all ages & skill levels, including first time racers. Rolling hills & scenic horse farms make the Heart & Sole Triathlon a beautiful backdrop for both competitors & spectators alike.
- The course consists of:
- 400 Yard Swim – indoors in Falling Springs Center’s 80° pool.
- 15-Mile Bike – through the heart of Bluegrass horse farms and historic downtown Versailles.
- Cross-Country 5K Run—through Woodford County Park on one of the most challenging cross-country courses in KY.
There will be aid stations with water at the transition area & one station on the run course (no aid stations on the bike course).
USAT SANCTIONED EVENT
USA Triathlon (USAT) is the national governing body for triathlons. USAT-sanctioning allows USAT members to accumulate points towards national rankings. You do not have to be a USAT member to compete. Registration fees include a one-day license for non-members ($10). Visit www.usatriathlon.org for more info.
- By April 14: $70/USAT Members, $85/non-members
- April 15-May 12: $80/USAT Members, $95/non-members
- Race Day: $90/USAT Members, $105/non-members
NOTE: SHIRTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED FOR REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED AFTER MAY 1. EXTRA SHIRTS WILL BE ORDERED & DISTRIBUTED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS TO THOSE REGISTERED AFTER 4/30/2023.
- Registration accepted by:
- Online until 12 PM on May 5
- In person at Falling Springs Center
- Registrations accepted race day till 7:30 AM
- Registration is limited to 250 participants
- No relay teams
- Seeding may not be available for registrations received after Wednesday, May 10, so if you are a faster swimmer, please register by May 10!
- Thursday, May 11- 4 PM to 6PM
- 275 Beasley RD Versailles, KY 40383
- Friday, May 12 – 9 AM to 5 PM
Falling Springs Center, 275 Beasley Drive in Versailles
- Race Day, May 13 – 6:15-7:30 AM
Falling Springs Center
GENERAL RACE INFORMATION
- The swim will be seeded prior to race day, so please list your swim time as accurately as possible when you register.
- (Race day registrants will be placed at the back of the swim.)
- Pre-race instructions at 7:45 AM in the transition area.
- Race begins promptly at 8 AM, weather permitting.
- Helmets are required on the bike course
- Race is chip timed by Headfirst Performance
- Minimum age is 15 years old by December 31, 2023
- We will monitor race morning weather forecasts leading up to race day and will, in the interest of safety, reverse the race order or alter the course as needed based on temperature, winds, rain, etc.
- Awards will be presented to the top three overall male & female finishers & top male & female winners in each age group (5 year increments from ages 15-19 through 70+).
Volunteers are always needed! Anyone wishing to help should contact Tefany at 859.214.4814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your payment will be returned if it is received after the event fills. Refunds are not given for injuries, illness, schedule conflicts, inclement weather, etc. after May 8, 2023. Versailles-Woodford Co. Parks & Recreation reserves the right to cancel or alter the race for safety reasons due to inclement weather, course conditions or other unforeseen circumstances. No refunds will be issued in these cases. Bib numbers are not transferable.
- Contact Aaron at 859.873.5948 or Todd Heady with questions.
Online registration is available HERE. We handle all registrations directly through our department’s registration site. To register using our system, you may find following the steps below to be helpful:
If you have never registered for an activity, race, program, membership or made a reservation with our Department, you’ll need to set an account up at the link above.
- If you are on a desktop/laptop, please look just below the green bar at the top and to the right. You’ll see: Welcome, Guest | Login | Shopping Cart.
- If you are on a phone, click the 3 short horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner, just below the green bar and then click Login. Same as above, click the third option.
- Click Login
- Click the third option (“Never had a transaction? Click here to create an account”)
- Create a username and password and then complete the information requested. All items in red are required.
- Click SAVE.
- If it doesn’t automatically log you in, then click login again and enter your Username & Password
- NOTE – If you get a pop-up that says something like, “Potential duplicate Household found based on address entered,” or “Potential duplicate Household found based on email address entered,” or “Potential duplicate Household found based on phone number entered,” this means you already have an account in our system. If this occurs, please do not proceed with account set up. Instead try the password recovery option at the log-in screen or contact our office for your log-in information
Once logged in, follow the steps below (once you click Search, most steps are fairly intuitive, but this is the step-by-step process for clarity):
FINDING THE RACE
- Click SEARCH on the navigation bar at the top of the page (in the green bar) or the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left of your phone
- Under ACTIVITIES click ACTIVITY SELECTION
- Type Heart or Race into the search bar and click SEARCH.
- Scroll down and click the green box with the plus next to the Heart & Sole Triathlon (or ADD TO SELECTION on your phone).
- The at the bottom of the screen (you may need to scroll down) you’ll see the option to ADD TO CART – click that button.
YOUR RACE INFORMATION
- Click the toggle next to your name (or the names of any participants in your household you want to register) and then click CONTINUE
- The next page in includes questions relevant to the race (shirt size, estimated 400-yard swim time, etc). Answer those questions (the ones in red are required). If you are not a USAT member, just type NONE where it asks for a USAT number.
- Select the fee that applies to you – USAT Member or Non-Member (on your phone the toggl will appear just above each the fee descriptions).
- Read through the waiver and at the bottom click the Toggl next to indicate you agree to the waiver.
- Click Continue
- The next screen is your Shopping Cart. Make sure your selection & the fee looks correct and then click proceed to checkout.
- The next screen is your Summary of Charges & Payment screen. Enter your payment type and make sure your billing information is correct.
- Enter your credit card information
- Click in the toggle box next to where it says “I’m not a robot”
- You’ll receive a receipt in your email showing that you are registered (you may need to check your spam/junk folder if you don’t see it in your inbox).
holiday inn express
If you’re looking for a hotel, we encourage you to check out the Holiday Inn Express, located right here in Versailles and is less than 3 miles from Falling Springs Center, where the Heart & Sole Triathlon begins and finishes.
– Only 2.8 miles (7 min) from Falling Springs Center
For questions, please call the hotel at (859)873-5501.