KORT PHYSICAL THERAPY PRESENTS
16th Annual Heart & Sole Triathlon
This USA Triathlon sanctioned event is set for April 20, 2019 and is open to ages 15 & up (age is based on the participants age on December 31, 2019). This Sprint Triathlon consists of a 400-yd swim in the Falling Springs Center indoor pool, a 15-mile bike ride through Bluegrass horse farms & historic Versailles and finishes with a 5K run on one of the most challenging cross-country courses in the state.
This event is great for first time triathletes as well as those who are experienced and are preparing for the race season.
Also, for those of you returners, we have a new run course coming this year! The run will now end at the transition area, not at the Huffman Pavilion as in the past.
Volunteers are needed! If you’d like to volunteer for the race, please contact Tefany. If you have questions about the race, please contact Rainey. You can also reach Rainey & Tefany by phone at (859) 873-5948.
To register, click on Race Brochure below for a hard copy of the registration form, pick one up at Falling Springs Center or register online.
As seems to be the norm for the Heart & Sole, weather is not looking great for Saturday morning. As of right now, the temp is forecasted at 42° with a 60% chance of rain (with a “real-feel” of 36°). To ensure the best possible race experience and safety for you, we will be running the race in reverse order – Run, Bike & Swim. The good part? You’ll be able to warm up in the pool to finish, rather than running wet out of a warm pool and getting on a bike in 42°! This change means that there is no seeded start. Everyone will still wear their timing chip on their ankle, and when you cross the start line at the beginning of the race, the chip will trigger your start.
Please note, especially for those of you who have raced the Heart & Sole before, that we’ll be swimming in reverse order than our normal course…you’ll enter the pool through the maintenance doors, enter the water feet first (no diving) and swim the normal down and back in each lane, crossing under the lane line after each lap. When you get to the last lane near bleachers, on your last length, you’ll swim straight the ladder, exit the pool and cross the finish mat next to the ladder. We’ll give more details during race instructions and will be available to answer any questions you have that morning. If you want to leave a towel in the bleachers to use when you finish the race before going back out to collect equipment in the transition area, you are welcome to do so.
Versailles is located in Central Kentucky, just 10 miles west of Lexington, 60 miles east of Louisville, 100 miles south of Cincinnati & 180 miles north of Knoxville.
This USAT event is for all ages & skill levels, including first time racers. Rolling hills & scenic horse farms make the Heart & Sole Triathlon a beautiful backdrop for both competitors & spectators alike.
- The course consists of:
- 400 Yard Swim – indoors in Falling Springs Center’s 82° pool.
- 15-Mile Bike – through the heart of Bluegrass horse farms and historic downtown Versailles.
- Cross-Country 5K Run—through Woodford County Park on one of the most challenging cross-country courses in KY.
There will be aid stations with water at the transition area & one station on the run course (no aid stations on the bike course).
USAT SANCTIONED EVENT
USA Triathlon (USAT) is the national governing body for triathlons. USAT-sanctioning allows USAT members to accumulate points towards national rankings. You do not have to be a USAT member to compete. Registration fees include a one-day license for non-members ($10). Visit www.usatriathlon.org for more info.
NOTE: SHIRTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED FOR REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED AFTER APRIL 14. EXTRA SHIRTS WILL BE ORDERED & DISTRIBUTED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS TO THOSE REGISTERED AFTER 4/14/19.
- Registration accepted by:
- Online until 11:59 PM on April 16
- In person at Falling Springs Center
- Registrations accepted race day til 7:30 AM
- Registration is limited to 250 participants
- No relay teams
Friday, April 19 – 9 AM to 1 PM at
Falling Springs Center
275 Beasley Drive
Versailles, KY 40383
Race Day, April 20 – 6:15-7:30 AM at Falling Springs Center
GENERAL RACE INFORMATION
- The swim will be seeded prior to race day, so please list your swim time as accurately as possible on the registration form.
- (Race day registrants will be placed at the back of the swim.)
- Pre-race instructions at 7:45 AM in the transition area.
- Race begins promptly at 8 AM, weather permitting.
- Helmets are required on the bike course
- Race is chip timed by Headfirst Performance
- Minimum age is 15 years old by December 31, 2019
- Awards will be presented in the gym at Falling Springs Center after the race, so plan to stick around.
- We will have plenty to eat as well as door prizes while you wait.
- Awards will be presented to the top three overall male & female finishers, top male & female winner in each age group (5 year increments from ages 15-19 through 70+) and overall top male and female finishers in each race leg.
Volunteers are always needed! Anyone wishing to help should contact Tefany at 859.873.5948 or email@example.com.
Your payment will be returned if it is received after the event fills. Refunds are not given for injuries, illness, schedule conflicts, inclement weather, etc. after April 14, 2019. Versailles-Woodford Co. Parks & Recreation reserves the right to cancel or alter the race for safety reasons due to inclement weather, course conditions or other unforeseen circumstances. No refunds will be issued in these cases. Bib numbers are not transferable.
Race Entry Fees (Tax not included):
- By March 31: $60/USAT Members, $75/non-members
- April 1-19: $70/USAT Members, $85/non-members
- Race Day: $80/USAT Members, $95/non-members
HEART & SOLE RACE RESULTS
KORT Versailles is located at 374 Kroger Way in the NEW Kroger shopping center. KORT helps patients return to normal activities after neck and back injuries, work and sports injuries, and motor-vehicle accidents. KORT PT offers vestibular rehabilitation, dry needling, concussion baseline testing, mckenzie method for back pain, and treats a wide variety of general outpatient orthopedic diagnoses. Stop by their new location to meet the physical therapists and learn how they can help or give them a call at 859-286-6848.