With over 500 acres of parks in 5 locations, Parks & Recreation offers abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Whether you want to enjoy a quiet picnic, a leisurely walk, hit a tennis ball or a day on the playground with the kids, there are numerous ways to enjoy the great outdoors through our parks. We offer everything from playgrounds and athletic fields to shelters, walking paths and dog parks.
If you are interested in renting a pavilion or other facility operated by the Parks & Recreation Department, please call the office at 859.873.5948 to check availability. Rental Forms are available at Falling Springs Center and online HERE.
Click a tab below to find out more information on each of our parks.
Woodford County Park is our largest park at over 500 acres. Located at the intersection of Tyrone Pike & Falling Springs Blvd, there is something for the
entire family at this park. Home to the Versailles-Woodford County Parks & Recreation offices (located inside the 72,000 square foot Falling Springs Center), the County Park also contains 10 baseball and softball fields, the Woodford County Fair Grounds, Community Stadium, 6 tennis courts, a dog park with runs for large and small dogs, an 18 hole disc golf course, three pavilions and much more! Keep reading for more information on this beautiful park!
FALLING SPRINGS CENTER
Click HERE for details on this amazing Recreation Center, which opened in April of 2002 and houses fitness, aquatic and basketball/volleyball facilities as well as a 300 seat performing arts theater.
- There are 10 youth baseball & softball fields located at the County Park, which is where Woodford County Youth Baseball/Softball League plays.
- WCYBSA plays on Fields 1-7
- Veteran’s Field (Field 8) is used for multiple programs, including Church Softball, NFL Flag Football and Start Smart Soccer
- WCHS Softball calls Field 9 home and WCHS Baseball plays on Chandler Baseball Field
- The Batting Complex is an indoor Baseball/Softball practice facility, located next to Chandler field and is available for rent.
- Click HERE to view a map of the ball fields.
The Community Stadium, located behind Falling Springs Center, includes a turf field surfaced lined for football and soccer as well as home and away bleachers, a field house, restrooms, storage and press box.
The stadium, built in 1985, is home to the WCHS Football, Soccer and Lacrosse teams as well as Woodford Youth Football, Bluegrass Soccer Club (older age teams) and Parks & Recreation’s Sunshine Summer Day Camp program.
JOE GRAVISS MCDONALD’S DISC GOLF COURSE
Click HERE for more information about this 18-hole, professionally developed course, which opened in 2017.
There are 3 pavilions located at Woodford County Park, all available for rent for birthday parties, family reunions, church functions and more!
- The Large Pavilion is located at the front of the park between the ball fields. This pavilion has picnic tables, electricity and a charcoal grill. Restrooms are located at the concessions stand nearby.
- The Small Pavilion is located diagonally across from the Large Pavilion. It is about half the size of the Large Pavilion and has picnic tables and a grill, but does not have electricity.
- Huffman Pavilion is located at the far and of the parking lot in front of Falling Springs Center. It is the largest pavilion in the park and includes a stage with a runway, electricity, picnic tables and a grill. Restrooms located nearby.
- Located at then end of the access road to the left and behind Falling Spring Center, our Dog Park has two separate runs – one for large dogs and one for small dogs.
- In these areas dogs are allowed to run off leash with their owners nearby providing supervision. This is a great place for dogs to get lots of exercise and socialization. (Please note that dogs are permitted in other outdoor areas of the park but they are required by law to be on leash.)
- The dog park area includes:
- A small covered area for a break from the sun
- A water spigot
- Pet Waste disposal stations with bags and trash cans
- Double gated area where dogs can be transitioned on and off leash in a contained space
- Please click here for DOG PARK RULES
- The tennis complex houses the Parks & Recreation tennis programming from late spring through mid-fall every year
- The WCHS Tennis team also calls these courts home in the spring
- The tennis complex includes 6 asphalt tennis courts, which are also lined with 10 and under lines.
- A small pavilion with 2-3 picnic tables and a storage shed are located next to the courts.
CROSS COUNTRY COURSE
- Utilized for the WCHS Cross Country team, Parks & Recreation races and other races hosted by other community organizations, the Cross Country Course is one of the most beautiful and challenging courses in Kentucky.
- With birds, deer, squirrels and other wildlife, the course is open year round and is a great way to get fit or to relax your mind.
- There are various ways to run or walk the course, so every time out you can make it something different.
- Paths are mowed regularly to make identifying the paths easy
WOODFORD COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
- The Woodford County Fair is held at Woodford County Park every summer at the fairgrounds, which run along the left side of the access road to the left of Falling Springs Center.
- The fairgrounds include exhibition and livestock barns, a demolition derby pit, horse ring, concession stand and restrooms as well as Huffman Pavilion.
- Visit the Woodford County Fair website for more information.
Big Spring Park is one of the most popular parks in our system. Located in downtown Versailles, behind the courthouse and Library on Park Street, Big Spring provides quiet, restful place to take a walk, have a picnic and play with the kids. Big Spring Park is our 2nd largest park at approximately 30 acres. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE BIG SPRING PARK REVITALIZATION PROJECT!
There are 2 pavilions located at Big Spring Park.
- BIG SPRING PAVILION
- Big Spring Pavilion is the large pavilion on the park, located right next to the parking lot.
- Features picnic tables, electricity and a charcoal grill.
- Available for rent for birthday parties, family reunions, work gatherings and church events.
- SMALL PAVILION
- Located on the right hand side of the park when looking from the parking lot
- Has picnic tables and a grill, but does not have electricity
- Located next to playground features and the walking path
- This pavilion is open first-come, first served and is not available for rent.
- The Big Spring playground has many features for kids of all ages. There are swings, slides and multi-feature play units.
- There is also a fenced in playground area for smaller children
- Big Spring Park includes a blacktop walking path that runs in a circle from the parking lot through a wooded area, around Big Spring Extended (located on the back side of the park) and back to the front.
- Distance is approximately 3/4 mile
- Restrooms are located at Big Spring Park on the left side of the parking lot on Park Street
- The restrooms are open from April to October. They are closed and winterized November through March.
BIG SPRING EXTENDED
- Located on the back side of Big Spring Park (when looking from the Park Street entrance) Big Spring Extended includes an open grass field
- Big Spring Extended is accessible by foot on the walking path or from an auxiliary parking lot accessible from Clifton Road, just after the Rose Hill Split on the right.
Stonegate Park is a small neighborhood park located at the end of Deerfield Drive. This quiet park includes a pavilion with charcoal grills, playground features, a tennis court and wide open spaces for pick-up flag-football or soccer games. Park amentities are first come, first served. Please note that the pavilion does not have picnic tables and is not available for rent. There is only street parking at this location.
Merewood Park is located in the Merewood Subdivision at the end of Princess Circle. The park features a small pavilion and play ground equipment, including a multi-feature unit, slide and swings, as well as wide open spaces for lots of free play. Please note that this pavilion is not available for rent and does not have tables. There is a small parking lot.