READY, SET, RUN!
READY, SET, RUN! is a character-building, curriculum-based running program created by the National Alliance for Youth Sports. The program that equips boys & girls ages 8-13 with the physical training and goal-setting mentality needed to accomplish any goal they may set in life.
This 12-week program addresses issues like confidence and self-esteem, respecting authority, dealing with peer pressure and fueling their bodies through proper nutrition. Above all, kids have a blast seeing what they are capable of achieving, including a 5K run upon completion of the program!
*NOTE: Participants will be registered for the race as part of the program. Parents or family members who would like to run with their child will need to register on their own. Details to come which 5k we will participate in.
- Where: Falling Springs Center (all students are welcome regardless of where they attend school)
- Dates: November 29- Feb 16
- Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Time: 5-6 PM
- Cost: $100/child
- Registration fee includes: instruction, t-shirt, journal & entry to the 5K
- Space is limited for 40 participants
- You can register at Falling Springs Center or online HERE.
- DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 25
Parks & Recreation Contact & Administration:
Tefany Bleuel, Aquatics & Fitness Manager
Email / 859.873.5948 x 4814
*If it’s your first time registering using https://webtrac.vwcparksrec.com please see the “How To Register Online” document.