READY, SET, RUN!
READY, SET, RUN! is a character-building, curriculum-based running program created by the National Alliance for Youth Sports. The program that equips boys & girls ages 8-13 with the physical training and goal-setting mentality needed to accomplish any goal they may set in life.
This 12-week program addresses issues like confidence and self-esteem, respecting authority, dealing with peer pressure and fueling their bodies through proper nutrition. Above all, kids have a blast seeing what they are capable of achieving, including a 5K run upon completion of the program! This year we’ll once again be running the GREAT CAKE RACE* at Keeneland on May 5!
*NOTE: Participants will be registered for the race as part of the program. Parents or family members who would like to run with their child should register at the race link above.
- Where: Southside Elementary (all students are welcome regardless of where they attend school)
- Dates: February 6-May 3 (will not meet during Spring Break, April 3 & 5)
- Days: Meets Wednesdays & Fridays
- Time: 2:45 to 4 PM
- Cost: $100/child
- Registration fee includes: instruction, t-shirt, journal & entry to the Great Cake 5k race on May 5.
- Space is limited for 40 participants
- You can register at Falling Springs Center or online HERE.
- DEADLINE: JANUARY 30
Parks & Recreation Contact & Administration:
Tefany Bleuel, Aquatics & Fitness Manager
If you have questions, please contact Tefany at 859.873.5948.
School Contact & On-site Program Manager:
Mr. Chavi Muniz, Southside Elementary PE Teacher