13TH ANNUAL KIDZ TRIATHLON
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2018
QUESTIONS OR MORE INFO: Contact Rainey Johns at (859)873-5948.
KIDZ TRIATHLON RACE ORIENTATION
Dr. Ashley Keith of Crossroads Veterinary Clinic and long-time triathlete will be holding a FREE Kidz Triathlon Race Orientation on Sunday, August 26 (the week before the race) at 2 PM! This orientation will be held at Falling Springs Center and will provide insight into all aspects of the Falling Springs Kidz Triathlon, including what to bring, the transition area, how the swim works and an explanation of the bike and run courses. Be sure to have your child bring all of their race gear so they can practice the transition (this would include bike, helmet, running shoes, socks, goggles, swim cap, race shirt, towel and water bottle). If your child is interested in participating, please contact Rainey at (859)873-5948 to register!
Crossroads Veterinary Clinic takes pride in its personalized, caring service. They strive to treat every patient with the latest and most advanced preventive care and treatment options available. Crossroads Veterinary Clinic is located at 412 Lexington RD, Versailles, KY. www.crossroadsvets.net / 859-873-6463
KORT Versailles is located at 374 Kroger Way in the NEW Kroger shopping center. KORT helps patients return to normal activities after neck and back injuries, work and sports injuries, and motor-vehicle accidents. KORT PT offers vestibular rehabilitation, dry needling, concussion baseline testing, mckenzie method for back pain, and treats a wide variety of general outpatient orthopedic diagnoses. Stop by their new location to meet the physical therapists and learn how they can help or give them a call at 859-286-6848.
DOGGIE SPLASH POOL PARTY!
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
It’s the time for your dog to make some waves! Come on out to the Splash Pool at Falling Springs Center with your fur-baby and let them enjoy a dip in the pool before we drain the pool for the season. The party goes from 2-4 PM!
We’ll have vendors, a dog wash, photography, music and tons of fun!
Only $10 for the first dog and $5 for each additional canine family member! And the best part? 50% of each admission will be donated to the Woodford Humane Society!
Registration and proof of vaccination is required. You can register and pay onsite on September 9th, or you can save some time by registering, paying & uploading proof of vaccinations online HERE! If you’d like to complete a paper registration form, please click HERE.
There are some important rules to make sure that both human and furry guests have a great time! Thank you for your cooperation!
2018 DOGGIE SPLASH PARTY EVENT RULES
YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PET(S) AND FOR ENSURING THEY ARE WITHIN YOUR IMMEDIATE CONTROL AT ALL TIMES WITHIN SIGHT, SOUND AND EASY REACH. PLEASE GIVE TIME-OUTS IF NEEDED TO AVOID ESCALATING BEHAVIORS WITH OTHER PETS.
- Proof of all current vaccinations must provided with this registration form or at onsite registration.
- All dogs must wear proof of current rabies vaccination on their collar. Dogs will not be admitted without rabies tag and no refunds will be made if turned away.
- No more than 1 dog per handler.
- Dogs must be at accompanied by a responsible handler age 14 or older.
- Handlers are only allowed to enter the water to assist dogs in or out of the pool, human swimmers are not allowed.
- No female dogs in heat are permitted at this event.
- Puppies under 6 months old are not permitted in the water.
- Aggresive dogs are not permitted. The handler is responsible for his or her dog’s behavior while on Parks property, including interaction with other dogs and people. Any dog who exhibits any sign of aggression or who is not under the voice control of his handler will be asked to leave the permises and no refunds will be issued. All dogs attending must be friendly with dogs and people, sociable and well-mannered.
- Dogs must be taken out of the pool area and to the grassy area to do their business. Owners/handlers are expected to clean up after their dog(s) and should come prepared with their own bags.
- Prong, choke or chain collars are not permitted. Dogs must wear flat buckle/shap collars when off leash. Full body harnesses are permitted. Dog life-vests are permitted.
- Dogs MUST be on leash when not in the pool.
- Children MUST be under parental control at all times and may not get into the pool.
- Please instruct child(ren) not to approach any dog without asking the owner first.
- Lifeguards are present for safety reasons only and will not be able to assist dogs.
- Big water slides will not be operate during the dog swim.
2018 TIKI TROT 10K, 5K & FUN RUN
FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2018
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Company is the #1 property and casualty insurance provider in Kentucky. With local agents, members enjoy an unmatched level of dedication and service. KFB’s rates are affordable and local claims service is quick and efficient. Call or come in today and let them show you the Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance difference. Contact Woodford County Farm Bureau Insurance Agency Manager Courtney Roberts today for your insurance needs at 859-873-4491.
HEART & SOLE TRIATHLON
APRIL 21, 2018
FALLING SPRINGS OPEN DISC GOLF TOURNAMENT
- September 15 – (Updated to Saturday only)
- PDGA B-Tier Event
- Pro & Amateur Divisions
- See registration form for entry fees
- $2500 added cash
- Only 90 participants accepted (amateur or pro)
- First 45 Amateur’s to register are guaranteed a player pack
- See registration link for divisions and fees
- Discount hotel information coming soon
Woodford County Park
275 Beasley RD
Versailles, KY 40383
HOTEL BLOCK NOW AVAILABLE!
- A group block for hotel rooms has been setup at the newly opened Holiday Inn Express in Versailles.
- The group rate is $122 per night plus tax.
- To obtain a room at this hotel call the 859-873-5501 and reference “Falling Springs Open” to receive the discounted rate.
For more information, please contact Everett Lasley at (859) 881-8962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Graviss McDonald’s Disc Golf Course – This pro level, par 64 disc golf course located at Woodford County Park has a total distance of 8794 feet from the pro tees and 6645 from the amateur tees. You’ll encounter everything on this beautiful, secluded course, including elevation changes and tree and water hazards. You’ll want to play this quiet course over and over again, especially as the seasons change! CLICK HERE FOR COURSE MAP.