START SMART SPORTS
The Right Start…Start Smart
Start Smart Programs, created by the National Alliance for Youth Sports, help kids get ready for sports…and succeed in life. It is an innovative step-by-step approach that builds confidence and self-esteem in a fun and safe sports environment.
What is Start Smart?
Start Smart was developed by top motor skill development specialists in the field of youth sports. Parent-child groups perform motor skill tasks that gradually build confidence in children while they are having fun at the same time.
Each Start Smart Program utilizes the Start Smart Sports Readiness Test to help parents objectively measure kids’ abilities. As the program progresses and children show improvement, the skills and exercises are altered so that each child remains challenged. Parents spend quality time together with their child while learning how to properly teach and support them in sports.
Start Smart participants will develop proper motor skills that will allow them to enjoy and succeed in their youth sports future!
Benefits of Participation
- Builds confidence and self-esteem in children
- Fun and positive early experience in sport
- Helps prepare kids for future sports participation
- Helps prepare kids and parents for specific sport
- Quality time together for parent and child
- Helps parents learn how to support and teach their child
- Most programs can be run either indoor or outdoor
Parks & Recreation offers Start Smart Basketball, Soccer, Baseball and Golf programs throughout the year! To find out more, please click the links below!
Start Smart Basketball meets one hour per week for 6 weeks and requires parent participation. You can choose between 2 classes, (Mondays at 5:30 or 6:30) and 2 sessions (November/December or January/February). Space is limited to 8 parent/child groups per class, so register early! For more information contact Rainey.
*Mandatory Parent Meeting for those new to Start Smart – 6 PM on Thursday, November 7 at Falling Springs Center.
- Group 1: Nov 11 – Dec 16 Mon 5:30-6:30 PM $65 DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 3
- Group 2: Nov 11 – Dec 16 Mon 6:30-7:30 PM $65 DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 3
- Mandatory Parent Meeting for those new to Start Smart – 6 PM on Thursday, November 7 at Falling Springs Center.
- Group 3: Jan 13 – Feb 17 Mon 5:30-6:30 PM $65 DEADLINE: JANUARY 5
- Group 4: Jan 13 – Feb 17 Mon 6:30-7:30 PM $65 DEADLINE: JANUARY 5
- Mandatory Parent Meeting for those new to Start Smart – 6 PM on Thursday, January 9 at Falling Springs Center.
Start Smart Soccer meets one hour per week for 6 weeks and requires parent participation. You can choose between 4 classes, which are offered on Monday evenings and Thursday evenings at 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM. Space is limited to 8 parent/child groups per class. For more information contact Rainey.
THE NEXT SESSION WILL BEGIN IN MARCH 2020. CHECK BACK FOR DETAILS.