YOUTH BASKETBALL & CHEERLEADING
REGISTRATON FOR THE 2021 YOUTH BASKETBALL SEASON IS NOW OPEN!
Registration for Youth Basketball opened on October 14th. If you have questions about our leagues, many answers are available in our Frequently Asked Questions document. This year the bulk of our basketball programs will begin in early January. Also due to limitations we are not offering our Micro-Mites league this year, that age group has folded into Start Smart. For information on our Start Smart basketball program, please click here. To register online for any basketball program click here, or you can fill out the Youth Basketball Registration Form and email it to Aaron.
CURRENT LEAGUE INFO IS POSTED BELOW AND IN THE SIDEBAR TO THE LEFT.
Due to COVID-19 there will be additions to our refund policy. These additions will be:
- If the basketball season is cancelled prior to jerseys being purchased and games beginning, a full refund will be issued.
- If the basketball season is cancelled after jerseys have been purchased, but before games begin, a prorated refund will be given due to jersey cost.
- If the basketball season is cancelled prior to the completion of 75% of the games (for competitive leagues) or 75% of the season (for non-competitive) a refund will be processed for the remainder of the season.
- If 75% games have been played (competitive leagues) or has met for 75% of the season (non-competitive leagues) there will be no refunds issued.
- $80 until November 15
- $90 until November 29
- $100 beginning November 30
- NON-COMPETITIVE LEAGUE:
- Rookie League (1st&2nd Grade co-ed)
- COMPETITIVE LEAGUES
- Pee Wee Girls (3rd-5th Grade)
- Pee Wee Boys (3rd-4th Grade)
- JV Boys (5th-6th Grade)
- Varsity Boys (7th-8th Grade)
- High School Silver (9th-10th Grade)
- High School Gold (11th-12th Grade)
- Rookie League
- 8 week program
- Will practice twice a week until the week games start.
- Will practice once a week (Tuesday) once games begin.
- Games will be Thursday nights beginning on Jan 21.
- Competitive Leagues (Pee Wee Girls, Pee Wee Boys, JV Boys, Varsity Boys, HS Silver, and HS Gold)
- Evaluations and Drafts will take place in early December
- 8 game season beings Jan 22-24
- No tournament this year
- Practices begin the week of Jan 4.
- Season ends Mar 19-21
Game Day Protocols:
- Entrance and Exit Protocols
- When arriving for games players, coaches, and spectators will not be allowed to enter the gym until permitted by a Parks and Recreation Staff member.
- When walking into the building, around the building (ie. to the bathroom), the gym, and while seated in the gym spectators will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Each player will have their temperature checked upon entry of the gym.
- When exiting all players, coach’s, and fans will exit the gym by the doors located on court 3, then proceed out of the building. No congregating in the lobby.
- There will only be allowed 2 people per child to attend a game.
- When entering the building, a Parks and Recreation staff member will put a check mark next to your child’s name for however many people are attending with that player
- ONLY SIT IN APPROVED MARKED LOCATIONS. THESE LOCATIONS WILL BE DESIGNATED WITH AN “X.”
- On Court Protocols
- Players are not required to wear a mask while playing but will be encouraged to wear a mask while not playing. Players can wear a mask while playing if they choose.
- Coaches will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Scorekeepers will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Refs will not be required to wear a mask when going up and down the court, but when communicating with scorekeepers, coaches, and players they will be required to wear a mask.
- General Game Day Notes
- There will be hand sanitizer located at the scorer’s table for players use, near the main entrance of the gym, and near the court 3 exit.
- All equipment will be sanitized between games by a Parks and Recreation staff member.
- Please bring your own marked water bottle
- Players should bring their own water.
- THERE WILL BE NO WANDERING AROUND ANY SCHOOL. MUST STAY IN GYM AREA.
- Bathrooms will not be available.
- Unless they can distance themselves, coaches are to wear a mask while providing instruction.
- Make sure you have a ball.
We are aware that there are many questions regarding the upcoming youth basketball season. To answer as many questions as possible there will be 5 different Zoom calls, the dates and times for these Zoom calls are:
- October 21st @ 12:30pm
- November 5th @ 6:30pm
- November 10th @ 12:30pm
- November 15th @ 3:30pm
- November 19th @ 6:30pm
To join one of these Zoom Meeting times contact Aaron with the time that you would like to join.
PEEWEE BOYS INFO
PEEWEE GIRLS INFO
JV BOYS INFO
VARSITY BOYS INFO
HIGH SCHOOL GOLD INFO
This 6 week instructional clinic is for girls & boys in K thru 2nd grades. Participants will learn cheer basics in a fun setting & cheer at select rec league basketball games.
$55/player. DEADLINE: JANUARY 6
January 11 – February 24
Group A: Wednesdays 6:00-6:45 PM Simmons Elementary
Group B: Wednesdays 6:45-7:30 PM Simmons Elementary
ADDITIONAL GROUPS MAY BE ADDED BASED ON INTEREST & INSTRUCTOR AVAILABILITY!